Sunday, January 2, 2011

12 years ago...

 Our wedding day twelve years ago was not nearly so sunny as January 2nd this year. 
On January 2, 1999 there was a blizzard. We even had to send someone with a truck out to fetch the organist. But, the snowstorm is only one small part of what makes that day memorable. 
 
Here's a few other random memories from the day:
1. singing for Jason...and not being able to decide if the microphone should go over or under my veil
2. crying during said song
3. James and his myriad of rings that were pinned inside his tux coat
4. my colors: wine and silver....doesn't that remind you of the nineties?
5. Ironing the bridesmaids dresses...with the bridesmaids still in them : )
6. An usher sitting out in the snow reading the paper to save a parking spot for the groomsmen
7. My Grandma showing me a necklace she was wearing that was a gift from Grandpa...telling me that it was just like he was there too
8. Getting to the church really early...ready early...lots of waiting: )
9. pictures by a big window with the snow in the background
10. getting kidnapped at the reception....they took my shoe and asked for 'donations' to fill up the shoe to return the bride. Made for a nice little nest egg for the honeymoon : )
11. The look in Jason's eyes when we met for the first time that day to talk and pray (before pictures)
12. pictures....lots of pictures
13. getting hugged and kissed by a myriad of people...some to this day that I don't know who they were
14. smiling so much my face hurt
15. my sister almost passing out and having to sit down during the ceremony
16. those yummy cream cheese mints...my mom even put together a baggie for us to take with us on our honeymoon : )
17. walking down the aisle with my dad...I remember  his smile
18. hugging my mom
19. the line up of people as we were getting ready to leave ringing their little silver bells...and some of them chucking those silver bells at us instead : )
20. Dried rose petals that Jason had given me over the years adorning the tables and sprinkled down the aisle by the flower girl.
Most of all, I remember the feeling of starting
a new life together with the one I love

 
If they were to write about
The story of my life
They would have to mention you
With every page they'd write
There's another side to every story told
If i were the ocean
You would be the shore
And one without the other one
Would be needing something more
We are the shadow and the light

Always love me
never leave me now
now you are the other side of me
Always love me
never leave me now
now you are the other side of me

I have known the emptiness
Of feeling out of touch
And living life without you here
Would be living half as much
Cause i've a need that only you can fill

If love was mathematical
You'd understand the sum
To the heart's equation
Where one and one makes one
And lonely equals me minus you
 "The Other Side of Me" 
~Micheal W. Smith
 (a song that was sung at our wedding)
I love you Jason Daryl Poole! I love you bunches!
Happy 12 year Anniversary! 

3 comments:

  1. what a beautiful post! Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! Beautiful way to express special memories from that day. Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete

Add other items