Saturday, January 8, 2011

table transformation

 Our Adult Bible Fellowship Group had a 'regift' exchange for our Christmas party. Everyone brought something they already had that they didn't use much anymore. I guess you could also call it a White Elephant gift exchange. Anyway, I came home with a  plant stand/end table (thanks to being the last person to be able to 'steal' : )   I had visions of what to do with this little table as soon as I saw it. Over break, I had the time to work on it. Here is the table in its various stages of transformation.
The before shot:

After a little stripping of the clear finish and some sanding:
 
After priming with a gray primer:

 


After the first coats of black gloss:
 
 

Adding the final coats of black and a stenciled flower in red:
(Jason cut out this very detailed stencil for me using an old binder divider and a template I found online. He is so much better at detail cutting like that. Thanks Jas!)

And finally...in place in the guest room. Ready to hold an alarm clock, a bedside Bible and (of course) a picture frame. 



The finished table:
 
Here is a another before and after side by side comparison:
 
Before                                                                   After

I love how therapeutic a sander and 
a couple cans of spray paint can be.







3 comments:

  1. It's perfect! I am guessing that the person who brought it is wishing they had thought of doing a transformation :) And now I know why you were wondering about temperatures and spraypainting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! that transformation is amazing. Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great. How about a crafty headboard? I have had fun doing 2 of those. Yours would probably be wonderful. And they are so inexpensive.

    ReplyDelete

Add other items